fAST-logg Borehole Logging System for Grade Control
fAST-logg is a tailored, site specific logging application to survey, map and evaluate orebodies for mining purposes based on the variation in physical properties of the orebody and host rocks.
Figure: Virkkunen, R, 2006. Susceptibility and Gamma-Gamma Probe Measurements in Boreholes for Ore Boundary Determinations in LKAB's Iron Ore Mine in Malmberget, Northern Sweden. 6th International Mining Geology Conference. Darwin, NT, 21 - 23 August 2006.
Reach three accuracy levels
fAST-logg borehole logging in production phase can reach three accuracy levels depending on the orebody
detecting ore boundaries
- Locating favorable zone or key structure controlling orebody
- At best, delineating orebody with grade estimation
Increase cost efficiency
All the logging accuracy levels provide tools
- To minimize waste dilution and ore loss
To use less expensive percussion drilling instead of expensive core drilling
- To reduce sampling and assay costs
- To quickly receive information for stope planning or blasting
fAST-logg Borehole Logging System for Mineral ExplorationfAST-logg System also provides a versatile set of borehole probes for logging physical properties in mineral exploration holes.
The fAST-logg borehole probes for exploration holes consist of
- Magnetic susceptibility
- Galvanic resistivity with electrode arrays: Wenner,
- Induced Polarization (IP)
- Inductive conductivity
- Gamma-Gamma density
- Natural Gamma-ray
- Gamma-ray spectrometer